Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dark Empires: An Outline in Progress

So, Travis inspired (and Jesse prodded me) into trying this NaNoWriMo thing  . . . I can't promise I'll be 100% more productive than I have been the past few months, but I'm gonna give it a shot. Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to try something new: instead of posting my stuff right here in the post, I'm gonna give you guys a link to a google doc that has my new stuff. I've added all of you to the document so you should be able to post comments to it. I think this'll be a better system cause you'll be able to select particular sentences/paragraphs/lines that you want to comment on, and then by adding a comment it'll highlight that specific line and point to the comment. That way when you do comment on somebody's work, they'll be able to see right where you're commenting.

For those of you who haven't used googledocs, to make a comment you simply highlight the piece of text you want to comment on, then go to the Insert menu and select Comment. A comment box will pop up and you'll be able to write your thoughts up. I'll provide an example on the googedoc.

So, here's the link to my outline for the scifi novel I'll be writing:

Dark Empires